Helpful tutorials on how to do stuff! (no money guides) ;)
 #311  by greenpower
 Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:12 pm
Social engineering, in the context of security, is understood to mean the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. This is a type of confidence trick for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or computer system access. It differs from traditional cons in that often the attack is often a mere step in a more complex fraud.

Basically, Social engineering is a trick to getting something you want Or manipulating someone peace by peace to get something you want.

Caution: If you cannot bare to take something from someone unfairly or your emotions get in your way when you know you are doing something bad this is NOT the thing for you…

How to social engineer:

There really is no one method to social engineering there is a long list to social engineering but what I’m going to explain is the basics of social engineering I will provide Scenarios and situations when social engineering and how risky and dangerous it can be.

So lets say I want free gum I would call up or email the company (Calling is better) So if were to call them up I would say “Hello there “Customer name” I’m “Fake name here” And I just bought 5 packs of (type of gum here) and when I popped a piece into my mouth it tasted horrendous it tasted so bland and disgusting and I’ve never had a problem with your companies gum, I hope this does not happen again because every week I go to the local 7 11 and buy 5 packs of gum” BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, BOOM FREE GUM it’s basically always going to be like that. Whenever SE’ing anything. Also you might need to talk a little bit more with the guy or girl but you will eventually get to the free gum part. That was just an example of how a conversation would go.

Risks:
The different risk of social engineering is crazy like when SE’ing gum they might ask exactly where you bought it from and your address a precaution when social engineering is never using your real address EVER!!!!! Because 1.Someone else might answer the door not you. 2.You could have already got caught and not known it.
So as you see the risk varies on the situations you are in especially if you are expecting like TV’s, Laptops or anything else.
This is also considered fraud
Always have a drop house (Vacant house to send SE’d package too)

So our time together has come to an end I wish all of you best of luck when social engineering.

Thanks for reading.